The DoDEA Grant Program
DoDEA supports research-based programs that aim to increase student achievement and ease the challenges that military children face due their parents military service. The grant program provides resources to military-connected local educational agencies (LEAs) to develop and implement projects that are designed to:
- Promote student achievement in the core curricular areas.
- Ease the challenges that military students face due to transitions and deployments.
- Support the unique social and emotional needs of military students.
- Promote distance learning opportunities.
- Improve educator professional development.
- Enhance and integrate technology.
- Encourage parental involvement.
Since 2008, DoDEA has awarded nearly $200 million in grants to over 180 military-connected school districts. These three year projects impact nearly 280,000 military-connected students and more than 670,000 students overall in 900 schools.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense Education Activity of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as Defense agencies or military service/command sites, the Department of Defense Education Activity does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided consistent with the mission of the Department of Defense Education Activity. Please let us know
about existing external links which you believe are inappropriate and about specific additional external links which you believe ought to be included.